Sunday 11 November 2012

COOKING FOR A CHANGE



Cooking has been my passion since I was 14 years old. It all started up when my mum had her bussiness trip to Hong Kong and she had to leave home for a week. Since,  I was having my school break at that time, I decided to give a shoot on cooking. I actually know quit an amount of recipes from my mum because I always been a helping hand to her whenever she does cooking. I used to cut the vegetables, wash the dishes, and the most important one, I am there to actually taste her delicious foods. This is what most of the children does whenever their mums cooks. I don't know about the others but for me, I feel that my mum is the best cook. Since she left, I have tried cooking.Surprisingly, all the foods like curry puffs, chapatti, puri, tosai, chicken curry and also briyani rice  turned up perfect. I was so happy to actually cook meals for my father and sister. It was so nice to see them eating my cooking and more complementing me for it.

As the days pass by, I realized that I should try cooking western foods. Since, the Indian foods are mostly oily, i planned to purchase a book that have healthy kinds of western food. While I was searching for a perfect book in the net, i came across this book from Readers Digest named "Eat Well, Stay Well". So, I told my dad to purchase the book for me. After a week, I received the book. I was so excited to try cooking some dishes from the book. 

I cooked dishes like Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna with basil and Parmesan salad dressing, creamy polenta with cheese, candid sweet potatoes and more. Besides that, I also manage to cook dishes like macaroni cheese, spaghetti with some homemade tomato sauce, baked potato, homemade burgers and more without using recipe books. I created those recipes since I have cooking many kinds of western dishes.

I really enjoy cooking to the core. I hope that one day I become a good cook like my mother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment